Sunday, January 20, 2013

The Begining

I created this blog not only to keep all of our family and friends up to date on McKenzies condition, but also to help me get all these feelings, emotions and thoughts out of my head. Im afraid if i wasnt able to do that id go insane.
Theres many things you worry about as a parent. You try to keep your child safe no matter what the costor circumstance. And for the past 3-1/2 years i think ive done a pretty damn good job of that. So when we found out on the horrible friday afternoon that my baby...my pride and joy...my soul... had been diagnosed with Lukemia, my heart literally tore into two pieces.
You never think something like this will happen to you. Hell, the thought never even crossed my mind. But now thats its here, now that its true, theres nothing to do but battle.
We will beat this "C" because were fighters. Because shes strong (stronger than me). And because its not her time.

So this is my treatment while she goes through her treatment. We will do this together. And with everyone of you who follows and reads this... I hope i convey this good enough so you can feel what we feel. So you can see how strong she is. And so you can share our story with the world.
This blog WILL have a happy ending. There will be tears along the way. But we will end this Crusade with tears of joy and the memory of family, friends, and a town coming together to join a beautiful girls fight to survive.
Thank you for going on this journey with us. I hope you stay along with us for this crazy ride we call life.

No comments:

Post a Comment