Monday, January 21, 2013

Updates and Plans

Right now its 1:30am on Monday morning. Im starting to realize that "sleep" is going to become a 5 letter word that i rarely use or get to see.
Everyone has told me that sleep is the most important thing right now for the parents. But let me tell you.... Its damn near impossible for me.
I find myself wanting to spend every second i can with Kenz. Even if she is sleeping, just the fact that i can watch her breathe, and move, and dream makes me want to stay awake. Plus my brain just feels way to busy to be able to sleep.
So parents who have been here... I understand. And i dont blame you at all. Im sure my body will eventually MAKE me go to sleep. But until that happens, im going to spend moments like these getting my thoughts out and watching my princess.

There has been some really great news today. Kenzie hasnt had to be poked or prodded at all. She only has to have blood drawn every 12 hours now instead of every 4 hours like it was when we first arrived.
Her red blood cell count went up today. When we first arrived at UC Davis her red blood cells were at 3.1. After the 2 blood transfusions yesterday, it went up to 3.9. Then amazingly today they tested it again and it jumped up to 7.8. So shes actually creating red blood cells herself which is amazing.
Her platlets also went up. She had 1 transfusion yesterday and went from 7 to 68. Her platlets need to get a little bit higher before we can go through our plans for the week. But so far shes taking to the transfusions like a fish to water.

The plans for this week:
Monday is our paperwork day. I have to sign all the papers for the surgeries and treatments and kenz gets to relax and play.
Tuesday is our last relax day b4 hell starts. So im going to ask if i can take her off her IV's for a few hours and atleast walk her outside or maybe take her on a lil drive.
Wed was the day that they were going to start the surgery, but now its pushed back to Thursday. So Wed will be testing day. Lots of tests to make sure her blood and platlets are where they need to be. Then no food or drink at night.
Thursday is going to be the hardest day on me....and im sure her. They are going to put her "under" and do a spinal tap and draw some bone marrow from her pelvis area. They also decided to put a central cathator (sorry about spelling) in at the same time as the other procedures because she will already be out and it will be much easier then putting her under the next day.
At the time they put the port in, they will inject her with her first kemo session. Thats what scares me the most.
Still dont know whats planned for Friday, Saturday and Sunday...but im sure they will tell us soon.

So thats all i have for now. Im going to try and do some laps around the hospital so my mind gets tired and maybe i can find that fake thing called "sleep".

Until next time..... I wish you wonderful dreams. Thank you for the continued support and prayers. Its obviously working on her perfectly.



No comments:

Post a Comment